Having just crippled the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, the Japanese attack several other locations in the Pacific. Also, Japanese bombers sink Britain’s battleship HMS Prince of Wales and battlecruiser HMS Repulse in the South China Sea.
Headlines in today’s edition:
- U.S. Navy Fighting off Manila
- Japs Sink 2 British Ships
- Americans Sink Japan Transport; Others are Hit
- Roosevelt Warns Nation Faces Long, Hard War
- FBI Moves to Round Up Dangerous Aliens in U.S.
- Blitz Warfare on the Ocean; Soon to Know What It Is Like
- Democrats Pass Up Party Politics for National Victory
Click on the images to zoom in
Instructions: To read the paper, click on the image to load the high-resolution version.
Today’s act of valor: Lt. Cmdr. John H. Morrill, commanding the minesweeper USS Quail, lost his life while towing surface vessels to safety during the attack on Cavite.